Data Center Supervisor
About the Job
JOB TITLE: Data Center Operations Supervisor
DEPARTMENT: CET DIVISION: _X_ Phoenix NAP
REPORTS TO: Manager DC Operations
FLSA: _x_ Exempt ___ Non-Exempt
The Data Center Operations Supervisor works under the direction of the Data Center Operations Manager to ensure the day to day operations, maintenance, and improvements to the physical infrastructure of the data center. This includes: authoring MOP’s/SOP’s/EOP’s, scheduling, and reporting and tracking of SLA’s & KPI’s. Additionally, the Data Center Operations Supervisor will provide his/her expertise and experience to the Mechanical, Electrical, Structured Cabling and Maintenance teams
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site supervision of the data center Critical Environment Teams (Electrical/Mechanical/Structured Cabling/Maintenance).
- Operates and maintains the data center to assure the most optimal uptime and service delivery to customers for all facilities related services (electrical, cooling, etc.)
- Assigns tasks and manages workflows for the Critical Environment Teams.
- Provides scheduling and customer notifications in accordance with the Site Preventative Maintenance Plan.
- Assists Data Center Manager with budgets as well as staff planning.
- Conducts training with the Mechanical/Electrical teams, Custodial and Support Specialists on equipment, PM’s, and QA.
- Manages and maintains training documentation
- Ensures the data center operates at maximum operational efficiency by reviewing existing operating conditions and recommends new strategies with emphasis on efficiency (PUE & cost reduction).
- Works with internal/external customers to meet service-ready dates.
- Assists Data Center Manager with vendor/contract management.
- Reviews and authors Methods of Procedure and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 – 3 years data center supervisory and/or lead experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to supervise the execution of planned & un-planned work activities in a mission-critical, data center environment.
- Strong background in electrical, mechanical and structured cabling systems: design review, layout, installation, commissioning and operations
- Working knowledge of low voltage systems, including fire & security.
- Working knowledge of NFPA Electrical, Fire and Life Safety and building codes.
- Working knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70E, NFPA 72, NFPA 25 and compliance.
- Strong knowledge in industrial safety best practices (i.e. lockout/tag out, arc flash protection, OSHA and any regulations issued by the AHJ).
- Experience with data management and analysis.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting large commercial and industrial mechanical & electrical systems, including:
- 480/277 and 208/120 volt electrical generation and distribution systems
- Diesel generators
- UPS systems
- Large Chillers
- Cooling Towers
- Water Treatment Systems
- HVAC equipment
- Computer Room Air Handlers (CRAH’s)
- Operating Building Management Systems.
- Ability to conduct capacity, safety and code compliance assessments.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- WebCtrl experience
- Project Management Experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Industry certifications (DCDC, DCA, DCOM, DCIE, other)
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- This position requires walking, standing, and kneeling – often for prolonged durations
- Ability to communicate effectively with verbal, visual and listening skills
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Close visual work on a computer terminal.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate equipment as well as to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on raised platform.