Security Guard Team Lead
About the Job
To serve as a Security Guard Supervisor by assisting the manger in coordinating the daily activities of the Security Department. Assign tasks as necessary and monitor the activities of all Security Officers; ensure that all procedures pertaining to company security are adhered to.
Maintaining a high visibility presence to deter illegal, suspicious and/or inappropriate actions, by observing and reporting abnormal activities then taking the appropriate action. This position will also focus on ensuring a quality experience during tours. This position will provide support to the Security Guard Manager for employee related issues and resolve day to day issues relating to overall security.. This position additionally can expect to have regular deviations to the work schedule to accommodate business needs. This position is expected to have an expertise as a Security Guard for our facility and be able to train newer Security Guards in our protocols and procedures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise independent decision making and recommend departmental changes as necessary.
- Patrols data center following an orderly route and priorities as established by the Security Guard Manager.
- Assist the Manager in establishing security measures to insure facility security and employee safety; respond to all complaints and requests promptly and courteously and resolve complaints in a timely fashion insuring complete customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the aspects of human resources development of the Security department personnel; training and evaluating performance.
- Review all shift activity logs and reports from shift and take appropriate action. Report all concerns or inconsistency to the Manager.
- Keep the Manager promptly and fully informed of any and all problems or unusual matters of significance; assist with special projects as requested.
- In the absence of a Manger, ensure the proper reporting of all security related incidents, accidents or complaints; prepare all reports as required.
- Investigates malfunctions observed or reported, including problems of temperature, lighting, open windows and security.
- Prepares a report of daily activities.
- Opens buildings for authorized entries.
- Maintains records and communicates information to other personnel using computer equipment.
- Completes minor quick-fixes and adjustments to eliminate personal and property damage.
- Identifies building maintenance needs not requiring prompt attention and submits work orders to correct them.
- Calls appropriate tradesperson in accordance with established procedures for work that requires prompt attention.
- Assists police, as appropriate
- Observe and report suspicious or illegal activity and community association regulation violations.
- Observe and report any deficiencies in security measures and practices currently in place and make recommendations for improvement to The Phoenix NAP supervision.
- Significant discretion in creating, processing and controlling highly sensitive information.
- Investigates vandalism and may detain suspects until police respond.
- Keep informed of all company and departmental policies.
- Other duties assigned.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to type for long periods of time.
- Continuous mental and/or visual effort for sustained periods.
- Moderate physical effort or frequent fine motor control in work requiring extremely close tolerances.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- This position is full time. Employee is expected to work 40 hours weekly and participates in an ON CALL rotation.
- Be able to adjust your schedule to plug into shifts as needed to support the Security Team.
- Schedule will be determined by the supervisor. Employee is expected to follow the schedule.
- Employee is to report to his or her supervisor if unable to attend work.
- Previous law enforcement or military experience strongly preferred.
- Uniform provided must remain clean and presentable at all times.
- Ability to comprehend, carry out and explain complex verbal and written instructions.
- Sustained high degree of care and awareness required to prevent physical injuries.
- Ability to deescalate confrontational situations.
- Ability to adhere to confidential standards.
- Must receive training and become familiar with general safety procedures and company safety manuals.
- Must attend and continue to receive all security training as required by The Phoenix NAP.
- Must have current Arizona Driver’s license with a clean driving record and have dependable personal transportation.
- Must be insurable with our auto insurance carrier during course of employment.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and have the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Eligible to work in the U.S.
|• FLSA: Non- Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• 401k matching
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Free beverage bar (soda, coffee, juice, tea, etc.)
• Paid Time Off