NOC Technician (T2) Ashburn, VA
About the Job
This position is with the NOC Services Team whose primary purpose is to troubleshoot high level technical problems, while proactively dealing with special customer needs. This position is also responsible for testing new systems for customer use. In addition, the NOC ServicesTier II Technician will be responsible for installing, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining internal tools used by the NOC Services team as well as machines used to gather information for billing purposes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Meets with business and technical stakeholders to elicit goals, project scope, and business requirements for a wide variety of projects in an IT-focused environment
- Assist the administration team with advanced Linux administration.
- Point of escalation for Tier I Plan and schedule internal system upgrades and system migration.
- Coordinate projects with other teams such as NetOps, Development, Administration, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Ticket triage and escalation to the appropriate level.
- Responsible for managed services and requests escalated by Tier I.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Liberal Arts, or Computer Science.
- 2-3 Years previous Unix/Linux experience.
- My SQL.
- Windows server level of knowledge.
- Server Migrations.
- Basis networking knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of understanding and experience with information technology or previous experience in a Data Center.
- Ability to be self-motivated and exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management.
- Demonstrated ability to handle high levels of stress.
|• FLSA: Non-Exempt
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• $50,000 Life Insurance
• 401k matching
|• Unlimited use bus/light rail passes
• Free lunch on weekdays (5 full-time chefs)
• Paid Time Off
• Discounted gym membership
• Company sponsored outings